Why Video Marketing Is a Smart Strategy
Using video to market your product is one of the smartest things you can do as an online retailer right now. Video marketing in ecommerce works for one simple reason – it’s more human.
We’re not talking about big budget ads, just simple and informative product highlights that enhance the shoppers experience giving them the kind of insights they’d get in a real-world shopping scenario.
Right now, video content is given prime position on the major social networks, giving you the most bang for your buck.
In order to grow your small business online, you need to look beyond the static image and help your marketing come alive.
The statistics paint a convincing story.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
But it’s not just video advertising that can make a huge difference to your bottom line, it’s video content too.
According to a survey, 73 percent of the respondents revealed that they are more likely to buy a product if there is a product video that explains what is being offered. Furthermore, nearly all of the consumers surveyed indicated that videos were helpful for making digital purchases and over 70 percent say corporate videos enhance their impression of a brand. In addition, with regards to after-sales, 93 percent looked at videos for guidelines and instructions after making purchases.
Benefits of Video Content Marketing
We understand that creative videos may seem complicated but it’s possible to create professional quality videos with the smartphone in your pocket. Even start-ups have the capacity to create engaging videos with minimal expertise. For those searching for an effective way to expand their eCommerce business, here is a quick run-down of the range of benefits video marketing has to offer:
- Trust & Credibility: A video is able to provide a real connection between customers and your brand in ways photos and messages can’t. As an effective communication tool, videos can help you build trust and incorporate the all-important human elements like body language, intonation, eye contact, and interactive discussion. Consumer feedback clearly indicates that online video ads make companies appear more trustworthy.
- Communicating critical product information: With a single video, you have the ability to easily communicate product features and benefits. Showing product demonstrations, how-to’s and key features have a proven impact on conversion rates.
- Sharing Potential: The better the video content, the more shareable it is. Great videos are presently garnering large numbers of shares on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, meaning video content can dramatically increase your business visibility.
- SEO: Search engines like Bing, Google, Yahoo! and others have made the presence of media, specifically videos, a key element in search rankings. Based on a research by Forrester, a web page that contains a video is 53 times more likely to appear high in the ranks of Google’s search engine result pages.
- Long-term Investment: Videos can last for years making them worthwhile investments. Unlike images and ads, which become obsolete over time, videos are usually able to give your company more exposure over time.
Video content marketing has become an important and affordable marketing tool that can reap real conversions. As well as increasing sales, video can contribute to building your company’s image and general user interest and ultimately, loyalty.
Video Marketing Tips for Businesses
Deciding to make a video is one thing but actually creating an impactful one, is a different story. Before embarking on a production project, it’s important to consider the following:
- Length – Keep your videos short. People are more likely to click a video that’s short and straight to the point. Moreover, viewers are more likely to complete video viewing if the footage is short as opposed to a long 15-minute show. The ideal length of a sales or business video is about five minutes or less.
- Backlinks – Make sure to have your customers act on your video. Link the video back to your website, offer promos and engage them to act because of it.
- Adds Value – Avoid making a video for the sake of making one. An audience wants to gain something from you – be it entertainment, knowledge or something else – so don’t make a video just for promotions to prevent your audience from losing interest.
- Subtitles – 85% of videos watched on Facebook are watched without sound.
An increasing number of businesses are discovering the benefits of online video marketing. Videos are easy and have become cheaper to create and to distribute, thanks to the prevalence of social media. Online interaction can lead to more exposure as well as an increased interest in your company’s products and services. In fact, social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
You CAN expand your eCommerce business and see incredible results.
It’s easier than you think to get the edge on your competition and break through to the next level. If you want to see what your ecommerce business can truly achieve, then ACT NOW and get the best advice from our team who have helped grow successful ecommerce businesses time and time again.
Contact us to learn exactly how we can work with you to bring about even greater profit margins and create a winning business.