The 30 Greatest Mobile Marketing Statistics for 2021
Image Source: Blue Corona
According to Consumer Technology Association, more people today own a cell phone than a toothbrush – with over 18 Billion SMS messages being sent daily in the United States alone. Now, if we convert that simple ratio, we would be getting a total of 6.5 Trillion SMS messages sent each year in US.
The reign of digital technology and this generation’s need to always be updated and in touch with everything they consider valuable can’t be denied.
As the late Marvel creator Stan Lee once said, “With great power comes great responsibility” – The outpour of mobile demand and consumer usage has ultimately led to the rise of M-commerce and mobile advertising. If this platform is to be utilised correctly and marketed the right way ( to the right audience), then you too shall be deemed a “SuperBusiness” – so use your power for the good, mate!
Here are our Top 30 Mobile Marketing Strategy picks:
Smartphone Mobile Usage
Mobile is no longer just a communications utility. It is also a media distribution hub. According to eMarketer, mobile now accounts for 12% of Americans’ media consumption time, triple its share in 2009.
- On average, there were over 23 Billion SMS messages sent daily in 2018 – with more than 4.2 Billion people texting worldwide.
- Consumer spending hit an all-time high of $930 Billion USD using mobile payment applications.
United Kingdom had the highest rate of smartphone penetration: 82.2% or 54.7 Million smartphone users out of a population of 66.5 Million. This is followed by the Netherlands with 80% and Sweden by 79%.
- In 2017, users spent 98% more in on-demand entertainment apps compared to 2016.
- In November 2018, Statista found that mobile devices accounted for 48.2% of website traffic worldwide (excluding tablets).
Technopedia defines Mobile Search as a search engine querying technique that uses a wireless/mobile platform and is typically location-specific with simplified data results – such as sports scores versus a standard web search.
- US mobile search spending totaled $25.11 billion in 2018.
- There is a 31.35% CTR for the first position in Google search results.
Image Source: Search Engine Land
- Google owns 95% of the market for all US paid search on mobile.
- Mobile devices account for 53% of total paid-search clicks.
- Comparable searches that don’t use “near me” keywords have grown by 150% YoY.
Mobile Advertising works hand in hand with Mobile Marketing, which uses personal data and technology like location services to personalise ads based on user preferences, habits, or location. (Source: Investopedia)
Image Source: iSenseLabs
- In 2018, mobile devices accounted for 61.9% of Google’s total paid-search clicks.
- 69% of digital media time is spent on mobile devices.
- In-app ads with an average CTR of 0.56%, perform better globally compared to web ads on mobile with an average CTR of 0.23%.
Mobile Commerce and Shopping
Mobile Commerce includes any monetary transaction completed using a mobile device. It is an advancement of Ecommerce, enabling people to buy and sell goods or services from just about anywhere, simply by using a mobile phone or tablet device. (Source: Big Commerce)
- 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
- Online orders which were placed from a smartphone had an average value of $79.33, compared to $179.98 for desktops.
- According to LinkedIn, 40% of web users go to your direct competitor after having a bad experience with your mobile site.
- When people search on mobile, they tend to take action, with 92% of those who searched on their phone making a related purchase afterwards.
- Mobile-influenced offline spending raked in a total of more than $1 Trillion. People do heavy mobile research before indulging in offline purchasing in almost all categories.
Mobile App Usage
Statista states that there’s a promising future for mobile internet usage – as global mobile data traffic is projected to increase nearly sevenfold between 2016 and 2021. In fact, by 2022, worldwide total mobile data traffic is expected to reach a whopping 77.5 exabytes per month.
- In the start of 2018, consumers downloaded a total of 178.1 Billion mobile apps on their smart devices.
- Apple App Store and Google Play account for over 90% of worldwide app revenues.
Image Source: UpWork Global Inc.
By 2010, it’s expected that the total count of AR/VR based apps will surpass 5 billion.
There are nearly 8 Million apps in the Google Play Store and 2.2 million in the Apple App Store.
- 80% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps help them find the answers to their questions easily.
According to Blue Corona, consumers now spend more than five hours a day on their smartphones – with a recent AdWeek survey also stating that 88% of growth year over year is spent on watching videos with the use of a smartphone.
- 79% of keywords overall and 47% of keywords in positions 1-20 rank differently in searches made via mobile and desktop SERPs.
- 35% of the time, the first page that ranks for a domain on a query differs in mobile and desktop SERPs.
Image Source: Think With Google
- The average mobile web page takes 15.3 seconds to load.
- 53% of mobile website visits are abandoned if a mobile site takes longer than three seconds to load. For every one second delay in site load time, conversions fall by 12%.
Image Source: Proceed Innovative
- Research published by Google suggests that up to 61% of people are unlikely to come back to a mobile site they had difficulties using.
How Contevo Can Help Maximise Your Mobile Marketing Strategies
Here at Contevo, we are driven by one thing – ‘Continuous Evolution’. We aim not only to cater to our clients’ businesses with a perfect 10/10 PPC Marketing Service, but also to showcase their full growth and ROI potential. We help our clients design and execute their sales blueprint so that they can grow and scale their businesses using our advanced market-leading technology.
As your ECommerce Marketing Partner, we can help you maximise your full business potential by guiding you with our 15 years of excellent marketing experience – enabling you to make intuitive decisions, every step of the way.