PPC Management: Santa Fe Wridgways Case Study
PPC Management refers to the management of pay-per-click, online advertising, campaigns.
Santa Fe Wridgways is a removals and relocation services company based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1892, Santa Fe Wridgways are experienced in the household and commercial furniture removals, employee relocations, and fittings and equipment relocations. Santa Fe Wridgways boasts 30 offices and approximately 470 employees in Australia.
PPC Management: The Challenge
Santa Fe Wridgways approached Contevo with the need to increase lead generation.
Following a detailed audit, Contevo found the following key challenges:
- Very high cost per lead
- No call tracking
- No Re-targeting
- Small keyword list
- No split testing
Santa Fe Wridgways required a complete clean-up of their Google Adwords account, with a highly targeted PPC management strategy in tow.
Each of the challenges identified snow-balled into the other. The small keyword list, which featured broad search terms, lacked targeting and, as a result, was causing a very high cost per lead.
In addition, failure to split test terms and groups was leaving them with an inability to fully understand the performance of their search terms.
PPC Management: The Solution
The objective presented was to increase Santa Fe Wridgway’s lead generation ROI through strategic PPC management with Adwords Pay-Per-Click by at least 20%.
To meet the presented objective, the Contevo team strategized the following solutions:
- The use of pay-per-click (PPC management) advertising to create and refined highly qualified leads.
- The setup of conversion tracking across Google Adwords to measure effectiveness.
- Continuous A/B testing of the creative and ad copy throughout the campaign.
- The setup of Google call tracking to determine the total cost-per-acquisition (CPA).
- The setup of remarketing campaigns to pull visitors back to the website.
The overall aim being to optimise the Adwords campaign and minimise CPA (cost per acquisition) and increase the number of qualified leads.
To implement and fulfil the solution, Contevo undertook a PPC management account refresh, with a focus on removing underperforming terms and refining the high conversion terms. The initial stages of the campaign saw the execution of Contevo’s 4 step account management principles, which involve setup, campaign creation, implementation, and optimisation.
The campaign was approached with a thorough dimensional analysis, keyword expansion and refinement, creative A/B testing, and ROI focused bid adjustments.
The month preceding the installation of the campaign saw unprecedented lead generation results and improvements.
PPC Management: The Results
Following the first 3 months of the campaign, we conducted an analysis of comparative periods, as part of a major report.
Considerable successes were found following the introduction of our PPC management strategy, which included::
- A decrease in the cost-per-click by 50% (exceeding the set objective by 30%).
- An increase in the click-through-rate and sessions by 40%
- Increased goal completions by 12%
The end of March 2016 marked 6 months of the campaign. Following a comparison of the first 3 months, further impressive results were found, which included:
- A further increase in the click-through-rate by 94%
- A further decrease in the cost-per-click by 15%
- An increase in goal completions by 11.2%
Latest posts by Marilyn Koutsonikolas (see all)
- How To Drive Online Sales with Pinterest Advertising - July 31, 2017
- Keyword Research Strategy: Google Search Console and Ahrefs - July 18, 2017
- 139 Global Instagram Statistics and Facts 2017 [Infographic] - July 12, 2017