Essential Facebook Statistics for 2019
With Facebook’s ongoing reign as both the biggest and still the most used social media platform in the world, it is no wonder that this ‘free’ platform is a true-blue crowd favourite – with millions of advertisers utilising it as their businesses’ main fuel for sales; letting them rake in more purchases and digital marketing ROI while also gaining flocks of new, potential customers.
In this blog, we give you our 25 handpicked best trends and Facebook statistics across Facebook advertising and marketing. Start reading them down below! Ohhhh, and you’re welcome.
1. Facebook has boasted 2.23 billion monthly active users (Q2 of 2018) – with 68% of Americans using the social media platform.
2. Facebook gets 400 new sign-ups per minute.
3. More than 85% of Facebook users come from outside the US and Canada.
4. On average, Facebook users access the site or mobile app at least eight times per day.
Image Source: DMR
5. Facebook earned a whopping total of $13.2 billion in revenue (Q1 of 2018) – which equates to a huge chunk of 42% increase, year over year.
Usage & Data
Image Source: TechCrunch
6. Facebook generates 4 petabytes of data per day—that’s a million gigabytes. All that data is stored in what is known as the Hive, which contains about 300 petabytes of data.
7. 66% of all monthly users of Facebook use the social network on a daily basis. On a worldwide note, that’s about 1.47 billion people.
8. 96% of Facebook users access it via their mobile devices – with only 31.8% visits made on laptops or desktops.
9. Facebook deleted a total of 583 million fake accounts during 2018’s first three months. That’s an average of over 6.5 million attempts to create a fake account every day, from January 1 to March 31.
10. There are almost 300 million photos uploaded to Facebook every single day.
Image Source: Medium
11. 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off – with one among five videos being a Facebook live broadcast.
12. 19% of all the time spent by users on their respective mobiles is spent on Facebook.
13. 47% of Facebook users only access the social network via their mobile app. In fact, the company reached a total of 1 billion ‘mobile-only’ monthly users in November of 2016.
14. In 2017, Facebook released Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite – apps which were designed for people living in developing countries with slow internet. As of June that same year, there were already a total of 200 million ‘Facebook Lite’ users.
15. Facebook’s total mobile ad revenue increased by 50% – year over year in June 2018.
Image Source: MindSea
16. Facebook and Google own 8 of the top 10 most used mobile apps (June 2017). More than 80 percent of all mobile phone users have the Facebook app installed on their device/s. (Source via ComScore)
17. According to the company’s released 2018 Q2 earnings, Facebook fell short of its projected earnings of $13.36 billion with actual earnings of $13.23 billion. Ad revenue also pulled up short of the anticipated $13.16 billion, garnering an actual earning of $13.04 billion instead.
Image Source: Kinsta
18. With 93% of marketers regularly using Facebook advertising, the company raked in a total of $11.8 billion from advertising alone during the first quarter of 2018. (Source via Kinsta)
19.The average cost per click (CPC) for Facebook Ads is $1.72 across all industries, and average clickthrough rate (CTR) is 0.9%.
20. 70% of the 3 million businesses that use Facebook Ads as part of their marketing campaigns are based from outside the US – with 91% of Facebook’s ad revenue all coming from ads targeting mobile devices.
21. Facebook cashed out with nearly $40 billion ad revenue in 2017, making up 20% of the total $203 billion global advertising market.
Facebook Video Marketing
22. On a daily average, Facebook generates more than 8 billion views of video content – with more than 100 million video hours watched per day.
23. Captioned video ads increase viewing time by an average of 12%.
24. 47% of Facebook ads get valued within the first three seconds – as per Facebook’s video statistics.
Image Source: AdEspresso
25. Native Facebook videos have 10 times more reach than YouTube links, which is one of the reasons why more companies are uploading video content through their Facebook pages rather than just sharing their links.
26. Another brilliant way advertisers are starting to practice altogether is the adjustment of their video contents to square videos – which take up 78% more space in the mobile news feed compared to landscape ones.
How Contevo Can Help Maximise Your Facebook Marketing
Our Social Media Marketing Agency in Melbourne specialises in connecting your brand with your potential customers and ultimately giving your site the target traffic and sales that it deserves.
As your digital knowledge partner, we can help you maximise your full business potential by enabling you to make intuitive decisions – every step of the way.
Let’s begin today, shall we?