21 ‘Must Know’ SEO Statistics
We all know just how powerful SEO services or ‘Search Engine Optimisation’ can be when it comes to being found on organic searches and ranking on the very top of the page 1 results – with Google being the biggest search engine in the picture, of course.
So the real question now is, how exactly do we keep up?
Fret not, as we have done all the research for you. Read on to learn about our Top 21 SEO Statistics for a surefire, high ranking 2019!
1. Google currently holds the top spot with 77.69% of search market share – with Baidu 13.95%, Bing 4.52% and Yahoo 2.39% holding the Top 2-4 spots. (Dec 2017 to Dec 2018 Period)
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day.
Ranking well in search engines empower your buyer persona to do their own research, and this gives your business a big advantage – as most people rely on the search button to find exactly what they are looking for.
3. 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
4. 72% of consumers who did a local ‘near me’ search visited a store (within five miles) afterwards. (Source via WordStream, 2016)
Image Source: QuiBusTrainings
5. 30% of all mobile searches are related to location. (Source via Google, 2016)
This simplifies the fact that people who use their mobiles for searches are also looking for close proximity. They want the most convenient option that can best cater to their needs. Contevo Tip: Make sure to optimise your website for mobile and local search, so local customers can see and locate you in their mobile search feed/results.
- 7 out of 10 consumers say it is highly important to have directions and call buttons in ads. (Source via ThinkWithGoogle)
- 2018’s Global eCommerce report by Shopify Plus estimates that by 2021, global retail eCommerce sales will reach a sky rocketing total of $4.5 trillion.
Nielsen Connected Commerce Report also stated that “Shoppers are increasingly looking outside their country’s borders, as more than half of online respondents in the study who made an online purchase in the past six months say they bought from an overseas retailer (57%).”
- Information gathering and deal seeking are the top 2 online shopping activities.
- Leads from search engines (inbound marketing) have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (direct mail, cold pitch) have a 1.7% close rate. These SEO statistics on eCommerce tell us a lot about SEO effectiveness for CRO.
- 92% of all mobile and tablet search traffic comes from Google. (Source via NetMarketShare)
- More than half of the 100 billion searches Google receives in a month comes from mobile devices. (Source via Google, 2018)
- Over 73 billion phone calls will be generated entirely from mobile search by the end of 2018.
- Voice search queries are longer than their text counterparts – they tend to be three-to-five keywords in length, and they tend to explicitly ask a question with the expectation that the search engines will provide an answer back.
- A mind-blowing Voice SEO Statistics by Gartner reveals that by 2020, almost 30% of all searches will be done without the use of screens.
- 51% of respondents 55 years or older said their top reason for using a voice-activated search device is that it ‘empowers them to instantly get answers and information.’
- Adding a blog to your website will increase your chances of ranking on search engines by a whopping 434%. (Source via Express Writers, 2017)
- 80% of businesses believe that paid distribution is an effective way to gain new users, and 65% say that it is a better way to generate traffic for websites that lack organic traffic.
- 81% of U.S. online customers consider blogs a trusted source of information and advice. (Source via Marketpath, 2016)
- By 2019, video will account for 85% of total global internet traffic in the U.S. (Source via Cisco, 2018)
20. 82% of B2C businesses report that video has become their most popular content marketing strategy. (Source via Content Marketing Institute, 2015)
21. Companies that use videos in their marketing enjoy 27% higher CTR and 34% higher web conversion rates than those that don’t. (Source via Driving Sales, 2017)
How Contevo Can Help Maximise Your Search Engine Optimisation
Here at Contevo, we are driven by one thing – ‘Continuous Evolution’. We aim to not just cater to our clients’ businesses with a perfect 10/10 SEO service, but also to showcase their full growth and ROI potential. We help our clients design and execute their sales blueprint so that they can grow and scale their businesses using our advanced market-leading technology.